Welcome to the Advanced Manufacturing West 2019 Presentation Store. Here you can view and download conference and/or show floor theater presentations before, during, and after the event. If you’re looking for a presentation from a specific session that you’re unable to find here, note that it’s likely because the presenter has not provided permission for external use or has not yet shared their presentation with us. Please check back after the event for a more complete catalogue of available presentations.
Date: Tuesday, February 5
Time: 9:15am - 10:00am
Track: Chief Robotics Officer (CRO) Summit
Vault Recording: TBD
A recent survey found that 37% of companies surveyed lack a champion and support from top management on challenging their robotics project. This point helps to emphasize the need for the Chief Robotics Officer (CRO) role to support an increase in the number of robotics-related initiatives across industries. Companies of all sizes: large, mid, and small are looking at robotics and automation to help propel the operation into the modern era. This session will discuss:
• What is the role and responsibilities of a robotics champion?
• How does the role fit into your overall organization chart? Who will they report to? Who will report to them?
• What skill set is required for this role to implement an effective robotics strategy?
• How to recognize the pros and cons of having a dedicated robotics champion within your organization.
• What are the characteristics required of this executive to be effective with fellow team members and other departments?